Memories

After nearly 6000 miles (when I reach home on Friday in NC), touching 12 states on my journey, an average of 30 MPG, dozens of mosquito bites, a dog attack, driving across the Mojave desert in July - twice, the scorched weeds and tumbleweeds, the oppressive heat wave, so much laughter, quite a few tears, multiple frustrating moments, endless upon endless repeated questions, my epiphany experiences, times of frustration for both Alene and I, traveling with my 12 year old pup, DanaRiley across the country, Alene’s child-like joy of life’s simple things, her moments of clarity, her clear memories of the past, getting to know Abbey better, spending time with her family, and staying with my friend in CA, and especially the heartbreaking goodbyes this morning, this will be my final post on this Funny Farm 2024 blog.

What a fantastic experience this has been for me. Thanks to everyone who has read this blog in whole or in part. It made it worthwhile. 

My heart goes out to everyone who has, or has had, a loved one with the terrible affliction called Alzheimer’s Dementia.  It’s hard and it’s sad and it can be terrifying. 

I don’t know when, or if, I’ll see my friend Alene again.  I certainly hope I do, and I hope she remembers our trip, let alone remembers me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Funny Farm

Backward Steps

History and The Planning Stage