Key

I’m so happy we had a pretty great morning! Of course, things declined through the day. 

However, cousin Doug arrived with a mom and son to look at the 5th wheel trailer. They bought it! Yea! The son will be here Monday to pick it up. 

Doug, Abbey (on the phone) and I had a conversation with Alene about money. Even though she complains about money a lot and how people are stealing from her, she was easily going to give the 7k away that the buyers paid. All of us told her the money needs to go into her savings account. She’ll need this money when she needs to move into a memory care unit.  

Doug left for the 4 hour trek home and Alene and I went to Safeway in town for a few items and picked up some Chinese food for a late dinner. (We didn’t eat until 8:00…I like to eat between 5:00 and 6:00 because I feel better.) It’s okay.

When we were in the car for the 30 minute drive home, I asked Alene if she had the key to the house. She locked it up when we left. It took the full 30 minutes, all of her purse contents on the floor and in her lap, me asking her to check her pockets 4 or 5 times with her responding that she knew she’d put it in her purse, for her to find it in her left front pocket. We were almost home. I’m happy it was found of course, but I’m sad because she was so confused and distraught. 😩 I don’t think she enjoyed her dinner  

Also, the A/C has gone out and it’s frikin hot in here! Doug made a call before he left but of course it’s a weekend and it’s going to be hot tomorrow and Monday. UGH 🥵

It’s now 9:35 pm and she’s falling asleep in her chair. I may end up sleeping in the chair I’m in because it’s cooler in here than in the room I’m sleeping in. Going to take a cool shower now, so goodnight all.

This is the license plate Alene got over 10 years ago. Some sort of premonition, eh?  Doug drove her van up here today so I got this pic.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Funny Farm

History and The Planning Stage

Backward Steps