Pills

Today, Saturday, was a quiet day. We all slept well, DanaRiley and I were out on a walk at 6:30 am and it was so lovely outside!  We took a few short walks during the heat of the day and this evening as the sun was going down, we walked another mile in perfect weather. 

We sipped our coffee on the patio for an hour or so as we discussed dogs. Jeanne had two cocker spaniels who were very different, but so much fun!  Throughout the morning, Alene asked about 15-20 times what kind of dogs Jeanne had. Jeanne is very kind and patient with the endless questions and memory lapses. 

I took a much needed nap this afternoon, we watched a couple dumb movies and ate dinner. Jeanne is winding down in her bed, I just showered and am ready for bed and Alene is watching the end of another dumb movie before retiring to her room.  

I’m really not sure how much she retains of these movies. But all three of these were based on true events where wife kills husband (or visa versa) and is either convicted or acquitted. 

Alene has been pretty quiet today and hasn’t moved much from the chair she’s been sitting in. I think I’m going to have to watch her fluid intake, minus two cups of coffee and one evening cocktail. She’s had very little water and didn’t want an Ensure.  I don’t want her getting dehydrated.

I asked her to guess Jeanne’s age and she wasn’t too far off, she didn’t know mine, but she did know her own and guessed DanaRiley’s age correctly for the first time!

Abbey prepared Alene’s morning and evening meds in tiny plastic bags with the day of the week and either am or pm indicated. Alene can’t be trusted to remember to take them, or to not take double doses, so I’ve been doling out her pills. I thought she might get upset, but at the FF, on the road and here, she’s been great about having these meds handed to her with water!  She always thanks me. 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Funny Farm

History and The Planning Stage

Backward Steps