Antiques

Last full day in CA. There are so many things I absolutely love about California, the year round weather, the beauty of much of the state and of course the fabulous Pacific. I love Central CA and Northern CA very much as well. I lived here for more than 20 years, but I doubt very much if I’d ever move back. There are things that don’t work for me at this point in my life, the crazy politics, the traffic and the cost of living.

We’ve been here 12 days and it really couldn’t have gone better. Jeanne and Alene became fast friends despite both of their concerns when planning the trip. Jeanne became an advocate for me (and Abbey) in talking to Alene about sensitive subjects. They both picked on me (in a loving manner) and Alene was a great listener when Jeanne discussed her medical issues among other things. Alene would forget and ask Jeanne a medical question and it would start all over again…and then again and again. I’m sure the same questions would be asked tomorrow and the next day if we stayed. Jeanne would respond as if it was all new information. 

Jeanne isn’t really an antique collector, except in her pantry and spice cupboard.  I was making egg salad for lunch and was looking for some seasonings and came across dried chopped onions dated January 2014. Many other seasonings are close to antiquity as well!  One must check dates in this house as Jeanne is a creature of habit and doesn’t use what hasn’t been used in the last 10-15 years. 

I’m hoping to leave in the morning (Wednesday) between 8:00 and 9:00 am heading to our first overnight in St. George, Utah where it’ll be about 115 degrees at the time of our arrival. I’m looking for a park with grass to take DanaRiley—hopefully I’ll find an area for her to walk, pee and poop in comfort. She’s been such a good dog on this whole trip, better than I dreamed.  I think as long as she’s with me and gets fed and treated on time, she’s fine. Sweet girl. 🥰


We watched a couple of pretty good movies today on Prime Video before packing our stuff. I’ve just got to load the car in the morning and we can take off. 

Today, as most days, DanaRiley was limping a bit due to arthritis (which really bothers Alene) and she thought DanaRiley was 14 years old. Later in the day, she said she thought she was 4 and then tonight she said 6. Usually when she hears that DanaRiley is 12, yet she’s guessed a lower number, Alene will say with much surprise and astonishment, “ She is? I would never have guessed that!”

As a reminder, DanaRiley is 12.

Jeanne was 72

I was 36 and later 48

Abbey was 70, then 56 tonight 

Doug, she said no one really knows his age but he’s probably 56  

Hold good thoughts for a safe trip please .




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Funny Farm

History and The Planning Stage

Backward Steps