Mojave

Final photo Before leaving CA
Gas prices in Barstow 


 ‘Twas a long, very hot travel day. We left Jeanne’s about 8:15 and drove to Barstow for gas and another first—a sausage egg McMuffin! Next stop Las Vegas to feed and let DanaRiley out. I was desperate to find grass for her. I finally asked Siri to find me a dog park and there was one 7 miles behind us off the 15 freeway. I turned my car around and, SHIT, it’s in a gated community. I let her out under a tree and near some grass, but the sidewalk was very hot and the grass was artificial and that’s hotter than asphalt…my poor puppy. The name of the dog park was Fireman Park, so I thought there might be a fire station nearby, and yes there was! And, they had grass under a big tree. DanaRiley was able to pee and poop in 120 degree comfort. 

The temperature was 100 before 9:00 am and between Barstow and Saint George, where we’re at for the night, it’s been between 115 and 120 degrees. This is brutal.

The drive otherwise was fine. The stretch today isn’t a pretty drive and I heard about it every 5 minutes. I kinda felt it was my fault!🤪 I kept telling Alene that tomorrow will be so much prettier driving through Utah than the lovely views of the Mojave desert in July!

 Alene was inquisitive much of the drive with about 10 rotating questions about random things. 

It was hard saying goodbye to Jeanne. She was a great hostess and we all had such a great time!

It’s only 8:00 pm, really 7:00 pm PT, since now we’re in Mountain Time since crossing into Utah.  But I’m pooped and about ready for a good nights sleep. I need to walk DanaRiley one more time and it’s still 112 degrees. 

Gotta go, Alene just showered and we have water everywhere….


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Funny Farm

History and The Planning Stage

Backward Steps